Friday, November 25, 2011

I am not now, and will not be in the future, a candidate for public office.

I am not now, and will not be in the future, a candidate for public office.

It is inconceivable to me that my circumstances will change to a point that I become so deluded that I seek approval of a majority of voters in any venue.

For the past forty years my strong reticence has kept me from any desire to compromise personal, moral standards in business or government to attain promotions at any cost, under any circumstances. While a few people chose to resent what they believed to be “aloofness” on my part, this comes from a lack of discernment on their part.

Early in life I was done a favor by being shut out of conversations, first within family and later in the company of friends who needed far more than I to stand in front of a line or on stage.  Not being so compelled allowed me to learn more than I would have had I needed to prove how much I already knew.

Still, those people are easy to find. Not all of them run for public office, though; it seems every group of a dozen or more has at least one.

Why it is that people who do not know insist on putting themselves “front and center” is . . . there are many reasons, many paths to The Attention Center . . . 

Whatever silenced my voice while in youth matters little. What does matter is that all around us I see consequences of a lack of clarity of thinking and a lack of leadership within those who insist on grabbing perquisites of leadership without leading anyone out of any mess. Rather, accepting unearned rewards for leadership while being an obedient follower along the path to national degradation is today’s norm.

“What is seen cannot be unseen,” and I will extend this to include that our current collective circumstances were foreseen be wise men of the past such as Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.

Millions see corruption around them and do nothing; “don’t rock the boat.” A few years ago a well-meaning associate told me, without any prior discussion of possibilities, “only a crazy person would become a whistle-blower because you’re guaranteed to lose money, career and reputation for speaking out.” Later, I did it anyway. 


No comments :

Post a Comment